Are you facing the connection error message while browsing through Google Chrome? Have you checked your internet connection, is it working fine? If yes, well, then the problem could be your McAfee blocking Chrome and obstructing the browsing operations. But before concluding, you must check if the other browsers like Internet Explorer and Firefox are also not working. If they are operating fine, then sure-shot its McAfee that has blocked the Chrome browser due to some reason.
McAfee blocks the Google Chrome browser due to the McAfee VSE application, which safeguards your system from the bad gateway. Also, it has a defender firewall that blocks the browser if it detects any threat from it. To unblock your Google Chrome, you need to follow some quick steps. This guide will help you access Google Chrome with some minor tweaking on your McAfee.com/activate security. Let’s get started.
Steps to fix McAfee blocking Chrome
By using different methods, you can unblock the Chrome. This section will provide you all the possible ways to fix the problem.
Option #1. Unblock from McAfee through the notification bar
You can fix the McAfee blocking Google Chrome problem through your system’s notification bar. Follow the below instructions to proceed.
- Firstly, you need to access and open the McAfee from the notification bar.
- Now, move the cursor to the McAfee window’s top right corner and click Settings (gear icon).
- Further, a new window panel will open.
- Now you can click the Settings option and then select Firewall.
- After that, you will see Firewall properties in McAfee internet security windows.
- Here you will need to open the internet connection options and change the incoming & outgoing access.
- Additionally, turn off the Internet Guest option, if it’s On.
Option #2. Unblock Google Chrome using McAfee security application
This is another option, which you can use to fix the problem McAfee blocking Chrome. By accessing the McAfee application, you can directly solve the issue.
- Open the McAfee security center on your device.
- Now you will need to click the Menu button on the top right corner of McAfee application.
- Further, you can select the option Firewall from the drop-down list.
- Navigate to and click the Internet Connection option in Firewall.
- After that, you will see a list of applications on your screen.
- Now search for Google Chrome in these windows and click over it.
- If you can’t find Google Chrome in the application list, click Add, and add the Chrome into it and proceed further.
- Next, click the Edit button at the bottom of the window.
- Under the Edit section, click Access settings and set it to Full.
- Finally, click the Save button to save the settings
- Close the McAfee Security Center Application.
Option #3. Unblock Chrome on smartphone
If you are using an Android device and facing the McAfee Blocking Chrome issue, this section will help you unblock it. Follow the set of actions below to fix the problem.
- Unlock your smartphone.
- Go to the Settings menu in your device.
- Locate the installed application option.
- Now, click the Manage app, and then you will see the list of apps installed in your device.
- Here, click the Google Chrome application and then select Restrict data usage option in the app properties.
- Now you will need to switch then Data Usage Settings to None.
Now, check if still, the McAfee blocks Chrome. Also, make sure to enable the internet connection.
Option #4. Fix McAfee blocking Chrome through browser settings
- On your device, go to the Browser Settings Menu.
- Now click Privacy Setting and Security.
- Further, open the Pop-up settings & Redirects.
Now, here you will see the list of websites that you have blocked, which makes McAfee detect them as a threat to your system. You can reverify authenticated sites and remove them from the list, including Google Chrome. To remove, click on the three dots on the top right corner and choose the Remove option. After that, you are all set to browse through the website.
Contact McAfee.com/activate support
If you are still unable to fix the McAfee blocking Chrome issue, we recommend you to contact our McAfee customer support. Sometimes, due to some other reason, the McAfee blocks Google Chrome. To know the root cause, you must talk to our experts describing the problem in detail. After asking you a few relevant questions, they will let you know the best solution. Moreover, we are available 24 x 7, so you can contact us at any time.